Sunday, February 7, 2010
Grace
So in the last little while the word grace has come up time and time again. Today though was different on so many levels... Church today was good, worship, message, community, yeah, good (not to mention I got a moment to talk to a friend I have been missing for over a year! Seriously people stop moving far far away!). When I got home I was filled with optimism for what the day was going to hold with festivities with friends, getting some cleaning done, setting up for the rest of the week, and studying for the upcoming exams I have this week. But when my parents came home my first interaction with them at all was one of them coming downstairs and getting mad at me. No hi or even acknowledging that I exist. The conversation that unfolded was about rules. The world is full of them and that it is my job to follow them. EVERYTHING is rules or ruled. I see how much in my life I don't want that. Like quoted in a movie when pirates are asked about sticking to the code they state, "Well they are more like guidelines." That is the way I see life as well as Christianity. While there are things that you should and shouldn't do there is also something greater than we - Grace. When this is coming out in my own life I see how much grace the world needs. How much I need and how much I need to extend it to those around me. Stick with me friends. I continue this journey not knowing what will come next. But I am learning. Grace, Love, ktb
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment